Monday 5 September 2011

Work by Gavin Edmonds


Gavin Edmonds is a Kent based artist and has work currently showing along side Corrine Streetly in Blott Studios, 53 King Street, Blackpool.
The show is open to the public from today until the 24th September 2011.
Pop down and take a look!








Artist Statement:
Echo, Reflect, Transmute.


 Motive:
I wanted to make work that was important to me. 
  Paintings that I felt I needed to make.
This work is autobiographical.

Process: 
The work is formed from family photographs, memory, dreams and specific local imagery.
 Also research during the making to resolve and expand upon the content and process involved.

Materials:
I tried to choose my materials very carefully, to where possible convey meaning with each choice.       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment